It’s time to TitanUp! and get ready to get back to school for the 21/22 school year. Here’s what you need to know as you prepare to return in-person to our schools full-time, five days a week.
- The first day of school for most students is Wednesday, August 18th. Be on the look-out for additional information open houses and orientations at individual schools. Staggered start details are listed at right. Download 21/22 Calendar
- Expect some COVID-Safety measures to remain in place, and for mitigation strategies and practices to change as we receive ongoing updates from local health authorities. Here's what to expect (so far)
- There’s a new, relaxed Dress Code, making it easier for families to prepare for Back to School. Learn about it here
- A NEW Chromebook will be distributed to students at the start of the year, including online resources to support your child’s new device. Stay tuned for details
- Larger meal portions will be provided to help students stay more full, and more focused, longer. Here's how
- An enhanced Fine Arts curriculum will include expanded supplies, media and instrumentation options expand the curious minds of our young creatives. Learn more
- Sports fans will enjoy reduced ticket prices this year as they cheer for their favorite athletes on the court and on the field. Get the details
- District, school and classroom communication will be made available in the home language of our students to ensure every family has equal access to critical information about their child’s development. Learn more
- And that's not all. Our district is exploring the feasibility of, and funding sources for, additional services and supports as our community recovers from the effects of the pandemic. Discover what we're exploring
There’s so much to look forward to as we prepare to reunite in-person in the Lorain City Schools!
Check out all the latest updates for Back to School here on the district website, on our social media channels, in your email and via robocall and text notifications.