Thank you for your interest in employment with Lorain City Schools. We invite you to submit your application by clicking on the “Start an Application for Employment” option below. This will facilitate communication with candidates and make all applications easily reviewed by the appropriate staff.
About Working with Lorain City Schools
“The International City” is the home of the Lorain City Titans. We are a district that will disrupt the status quo for 6,200 scholars across 14 campuses in Northeast Ohio, just outside of Cleveland. To do so, we will transform the way that we look at educating our scholars, performing as leaders, and inspiring as people, all while having fun doing it. The district’s academic improvement plan, The Lorain Promise, outlines the ambitious yet obtainable outlook for Lorain City Schools with bold statements about how we will operate as a district and a community. This innovative approach for Titans, will not only change the way we look at public school education, but seeks to set the new standard for what is possible when we put our scholars first.
Our Core Values
Our shared Core Values are the heart of our culture and the foundation of all of our work at Lorain City Schools, reflecting input from people across the community. They will shape who we are and how we work together to realize every scholar’s potential.
- Scholars First – Everything we do is focused on ensuring that students reach their full potential. We will honor the voices of our students and their families and support each other as champions of Lorain’s scholars, knowing that we all have their best interests at heart.
- One for All – Our differences as individuals strengthen our schools. We will focus on equity, work proactively to eliminate bias in our systems and procedures, and invest in effective strategies to ensure equal opportunity for all scholars and families.
- Experience Joy – Our schools will be places where all scholars and staff can pursue a love of learning with enthusiasm and optimism. We will lift each other up and celebrate our successes.
- Expect Excellence – We will hold high expectations for every student and staff member—and hold each other accountable to ensuring that every student succeeds.
- Collaborate with Integrity – We promise to be transparent, knowing that we can only get better if we work together—and are honest with each other. We will hold ourselves to the highest standards of personal behavior, including trust, honesty, fairness, and integrity.
- Take Pride – We value, honor and respect one another, our schools, and our community. We will work together to build schools where all adults look forward to coming to work and students are eager to learn.
Lorain City Schools provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Lorain City Schools complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Lorain City Schools expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.