At Palm Elementary we inspire, challenge, and empower our students in grades PK - 5 through the love of learning by mastering the basics as they develop their own skills and interests. We promote high expectations while working together with parents and the Lorain community to develop students to their full potential.
Palm Elementary Highlights:
- All Day Preschool and Kindergarten
- Comprehensive services for students who are identified as Gifted
- Free Breakfast and Lunch and a Snack
- Free shuttle to health appointments at MercyHealth Clinic at Washington Elementary
- Innovative and responsive methods for teaching students of all abilities
- 1:1 technology for all students
- Celebrations of student achievements
- Special Education services for students of all ability levels
- Visual Arts, Music, and Physical Education
Palm Elementary opened in August of 2005, replacing the previous Palm Elementary School. That building was built in 1953 and was given its name because it faced Palm Avenue. It was one of the many new schoolhouses built to meet the population increase due to the post WWII “Baby Boom.” The building is designed to hold 350 students for an investment of $6.8 million, of which 80% came from the state of Ohio.