The Title I program is based on an annual assessment of educational needs. This assessment includes identification of educationally deprived children in the public and private schools in this District. Title I services are provided to all eligible, educationally deprived students.
The Board believes parental involvement is a vital part of the title I program. The Superintendent/designee jointly develops with and distributes to parents of children participating in Title I programs within the District a written parental involvement policy and guidelines. The written parental involvement policy includes a School-Parent Compact jointly developed by the school and the parents. The requirements of the policy, compact and guidelines are consistent with Federal and State law.
Parental involvement includes, but is not limited to, parental contribution to the design and implementation of programs under this title, participation by parents in school activities and programs, and training and materials which build parents’ capacity to improve their children’s learning in both the home and the school. To build a partnership between home and school, the District:
- Informs the parents of the program, the reasons for their children’s participation and the specific instructional objectives;
- Trains parents to work with their children to attain instructional objectives;
- Trains teachers and other staff involved in programs under this title to work effectively with the parents of participating students;
- Develops partnerships by consulting with parents regularly;
- Provides opportunities for parents to be involved in the design, operation and evaluation of the program; and
- Provides opportunities for the full participation of parents who lack literacy skills or whose native language is not English.
- Title I funds are used only to augment, not to replace, state and local funds. The Board uses these funds to provide equivalent or comparable educational services in all schools receiving Title I assistance.
[Adoption date: December 11, 2000; Revised: February 3, 3010; June 11, 2013]
Reviewed: May 13, 2019