At General Johnnie Wilson Middle School (GJW), we inspire, challenge, and empower students through the love of learning through the transition from concrete to more abstract thought. Serving students in grades 6–8, we promote high expectations while working together with parents and the community to develop students to their full potential.
- Comprehensive services for students who are identified as gifted
- Special education services for students across all disabilities
- Visual Arts, Music, Foreign Language and Physical Education
- Free shuttle to Mercy School Based Health Clinic
- AVID College Preparation Programming
- Extracurriculars to engage and develop “Titan” leaders
- Free breakfast and lunch for all students
- Basketball, Football, Track, Volleyball, and Wresting
- Titan College - earn credits towards a 2-Year Associate’s Degree
- Young Scholars Program
- Student Council
GJW MISSION, VISION & GOALS
General Johnnie Wilson Middle is an inclusive community that builds character and empowers students to become future leaders of our global society through the achievement of high academic standards and respect for human life.
We do this by fostering high academic and personal expectations through diversity, tolerance and a bully free zone while challenging ourselves to be innovative, creative, self-motivated, courageous, and determined to help others.
We will achieve our mission by fostering high academic and personal expectations through diversity, tolerance, and a bully free zone while challenging ourselves to be innovative, creative, self-motivated, courageous, and determined to help others.