Residents in the Lorain City School District will vote on a renewal levy ballot issue on November 3rd.
Issue 17 DOES NOT INCREASE TAXES.
Issue 17 renews $10 million annually for operating expenses, beginning January 1, 2022 at NO additional cost to voters.
- PASSAGE of this levy provides a quality education in safe learning environments, as the Lorain City Schools prepare to return to school during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Critical technology and remote learning supports;
- Medical, dental, and mental health services;
- Family engagement and outreach supports;
- Masks, sanitizer and plexiglass barriers;
- Services and supports for families who speak Spanish at home
- FAILURE of this levy would require:
Drastic cuts to teachers, instructional aides and instructional materials — all of which are critically needed by our schools. Especially now.