COMMUNITY FOUNDATION OF LORAIN COUNTY | Offered through the following community organizations, or specific families. Apply by May 5, 2020:
- Beth K. Stocker Scholarships | 12 @ $2,000 each. Students must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Awards are based, in part, on financial need and academic achievement. The scholarship is non-renewable.
- Betty K. Huffman Memorial Scholarships | 1 @ $500. The recipient must be entering the field of education with preference for members of the Future Educators of America. Students must have a minimum GPA of 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale) and community involvement is a critical factor. Only study within the continental U.S. will be supported. This scholarship is renewable; candidate must re-apply for renewal and must have maintained a minimum GPA of 3.5 in college.
- Dusendon Scholarship | The recipient must be entering the field of education. Awards are based, in part, on financial need. The scholarship is non-renewable.
- Frank Kern Scholarship | 3 @ $2,000 each. Awards are based, in part, on financial need and academic achievement. Applicants must have at least a 2.5 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) or be recommended by a counselor. The scholarship must be fully utilized within 12 months after the date of the award. The scholarship is non-renewable.
- Lorain High School JROTC Eric M. Barnes Scholarship | 1 @ $1000. This award is available for cadets who are currently active in JROTC with a minimum of two (2) years of JROTC experience. Cadets must also be a City of Lorain resident, have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and a minimum of two community service ribbons. Awards are based on financial need, academic merit, JROTC requirements and community volunteerism. The scholarship is non- renewable.
- Mildren Rahl Memorial Scholarship | 2 @ $2,000 each. Awards are based, in part, on financial need and academic achievement. The scholarship is non- renewable.
- Nordson BUILDS Scholarship Program | For students whose permanent residence or college is near a Nordson facility and are pursuing majors in manufacturing, engineering-related STEM disciplines, or business leading to a career in industry and corporate America. Due May 15.
- Lorain County Medical Society Scholarship | For students who are a resident of Lorain County, are currently enrolled in or formally admitted to an accredited course of studey in medical, medical allied or health field, demonstrate academic competence, and have need of financial assistance. Due May 1.
- High School Super Senior Scholarship | $5,000 scholarship for students who have accepted to a full-time program
at a two-year or four-year college, vocational, technical, or private career institution