What Are Early Release Days? Scholars have a shortened schedule and go home early. In the remaining time, teachers and staff engage in cross-district professional development.
Why Do We Have Early Release Days? “We have heard from our teachers that there is a need to have more time to plan for targeted instruction for our kids. We want our teachers to have time to meet, collaborate with teachers across the district, and create future instruction that is based on classroom data that will enhance the learning experience for all. We see this small sacrifice of time away from teaching and learning dedicated to rigorous planning will pay off for our scholars in the end.” – C.E.O. David Hardy, Jr.
When are the Early Release Days:
- Tuesday, September 11, 2018
- Tuesday, October 9, 2018
- Tuesday, November 6, 2018
- Tuesday, December 11, 2018
- Tuesday, February 12, 2018
- Tuesday, March 12, 2018
Dismissal Times Are As Follows:
- EARLY BUILDINGS: (Frank Jacinto, Garfield, Hawthorne, Larkmoor, Toni Morrison & Washington) 10:35 a.m.
- LATE BUILDINGS: (Admiral King, Helen Steiner Rice, Palm & Stevan Dohanos) 11:35 a.m.
- MIDDLE SCHOOLS: (General Johnnie Wilson, Longfellow & Southview) 11:20 a.m.
- LORAIN HIGH: 10:20 a.m.
Specific questions about early release days should be directed to building principals.