We are so excited for the 2022-2023 school year. We have a lot planned for the new year. But let's get started on everything you need to know when we return to our schools for the first day of school on Aug. 17, 2022.
- The first day of school for most students is Wednesday, August 17th. We will keep you posted about staggered starts, open houses, and orientations at your child's school. VIEW THE 22/23 SCHOOL CALENDAR
- Parents of returning Titans can now log into their FinalForms account to update student information. This quick and easy process will take families less than 10 minutes to review, make any necessary changes, and sign off for the new school. LEARN MORE HERE!
- Beginning this fall, all K-5 elementary buildings will have the same arrival/dismissal times, with our Titans starting school at 8:00 AM and dismissing at 2:30 PM. (Preschool starts at 8:00 AM and ends at 1:45 PM. We are excited about this change because it allows our youngest learners to have a consistent schedule across the district. READ MORE!
- Lorain High School will welcome a new building principal with a long history of loving Lorain City Schools. Melissa Cheers has been selected as the new principal of Lorain High School. Mrs. Cheers has dedicated more than 20 years of her career to education and instructional leadership, serving most recently as principal of the Success Academy at Lorain High. READ MORE!
- Lorain City Schools will expand transportation services to all students who live more than 2.0 miles from school, regardless of grade, starting with the 2022-2023 school year. When students return to Lorain City Schools in August, hundreds more will be eligible for free, reliable bus transportation from the district’s transportation partners at Auxilio. READ MORE!
- The highly-successful Longfellow Middle School Robotics Program is expanding its reach to all students in grades 7-12 with the new Lorain Titans Robotics Hub located at Longfellow Middle School, 305 Louisiana Ave., Lorain. The Longfellow program is an established program that has been engaging students in Lorain City Schools for seven years and, during that time, has qualified for the VEX Robotics World Championship four times. It is now time to expand, giving students at Gen. Johnnie Wilson and Southview middle schools, as well as Lorain High School, the chance to be a part of the team. READ MORE!
- An enhanced Fine Arts curriculum will kick off with students enjoying more supplies and art media to create, instrumentation options, and new courses to expand the curious minds of our young creatives. READ MORE!
- Free school supplies will be provided for your child this year. Stop by the Second Annual Titan Up! Back to School Event on August 10th at Black River Landing for your child’s school supply goodie bag. LEARN MORE ABOUT THE EVENT!
- The MercyHealth Clinic at Washington Elementary continues to serve students, family members, staff, and community members through scheduled appointments and walk-ins, with same-day and virtual options also available! Get your child's physical, immunization, and screenings scheduled today! LEARN MORE HERE!