The Lorain City Schools will begin the 2020/2021 school year in Phase I of our "Open with Care" return to learn plan, in which all students will engage in remote learning from home, grades PreK - 12.
Click on the image above, or the links at right for details about what to expect during the first quarter of school, which runs September 8 - October 16.
- The first day for students is September 8th.
- Local health and pandemic safety conditions will be continuously monitored to bring staff and students back to school in person as soon as it is safe.
- Staff PD has been extended from 3 days to 3 weeks.
- There will be no dress code requirement for the 2020/2021 school year.
- We are returning to a traditional grading system. There will be no Standards Based Grading this school year.
- There will be no close proximity sports or activities for fall, including football, marching band, cheer, volleyball and soccer. We are exploring the feasibility of holding these activities in the spring.
- Staff has been provided with laptops to facilitate instruction and support from home.
- Student devices will be distributed in late August, with internet/wifi available if needed.
- A remote learning handbook, online video resources and a tech hotline will provide support to families.
- Updates will be communicated through the district website, e-newsletter, social media, robocalls and text messages, as appropriate.