Titan Family Action Members (FAM) support students, families and the Lorain community by fostering engagement and active participation in our schools.
- Create a community that celebrates learning
- Welcome family, community participation and volunteerism
- Sponsor/support district-wide events, projects, field trips and assemblies
- Celebrate diversity through cultural awareness and inclusion
WHY YOU SHOULD BE A MEMBER:
- Get Connected. There's no better way to know what's happening in your school district.
- Tap into the Titan Nation. Get opportunities to meet other families and teachers, build relationships, share ideas, concerns and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. Volunteer and contribute when and how you'd like to put your skills and hobbies to use for a great cause -- your student(s) and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. Work with directly with Titan Ambassadors to more effectively suggest improvement at your child's school.
- Witness Improvement. Be a part of the solution, helping to make positive changes in your school community.
- Be a Role Model. Your involvement demonstrates to your student the importance you place on his or her education.
WHAT YOU WILL DO AS A PART OF THE TITAN FAM:
- Work with the district and schools to ensure equitable and sustainable opportunities for our students and families
- Develop expectations and structure for Titan Ambassadors at each school
- Coordinate events, raise funds, and support scholarships
- Support communication district-wide
- Increase parent volunteerism and involvement
- Provide resources for students and families