LORAIN HIGH “RETURN-TO-BAND” PROTOCOL
All activities must include only musicians and directors. Parents, community members, etc. must not be present on school property while activities are taking place. Volunteers will not be permitted at this time, but this may however change once we get to Phase Three Protocol.
• All musicians must wear masks entering and exiting rehearsals (the building), during any breaks, and at all times inside the building. They may remove masks only when participating in musical activity. Musicians are advised to not touch their faces for any reason.
• It is recommended that directors wear masks at all times.
• Per recommended guidelines, 2-3 barriers will be encouraged at all times
• All students must complete and return an EMA and permission slip at the beginning of camp.
• Any person who has had a fever or cold symptoms in the previous 24 Hours will not be permitted to take participate and should contact his/her medical provider.
• All directors must keep an attendance log that includes the date, time and names of all people in attendance (directors and musicians).
• Vulnerable individuals can resume public interactions, but should practice physical distancing, minimizing exposure to social settings where distancing may not be practical, unless precautionary measures are observed/implemented.
LIMITATIONS ON GATHERINGS < 50 individuals
• Indoor music rehearsals will be split up to include no more than 50 per room.
- Students will sit at least 6 feet apart.
- Students will have an assigned indoor rehearsal space i.e. The Band Room, Choir Room, Stage etc.
- Full rehearsals will take place outdoors only.
• When not directly participating in practices or rehearsals, care will be taken to maintain a minimum distance of 3 to 6 feet between each individual.
• The band room will have separate entrance and exit doors.
• The amount of students in the storage room will be limited until post-COVID.
- Students will not congregate in storage room.
- Students will be encouraged to bring their instrument to and from school.
- Band will be dismissed by sections to limit interaction.
- The storage room will have and in and out flow.
• Individuals should wash their hands for 20 seconds with warm water and soap before touching any surfaces or participating in rehearsals.
• Hand sanitizer will be plentiful and available to all individuals.
• Shirts and shoes will be worn at all times.
• Students are encouraged to shower and wash their workout clothing immediately upon returning home.
INSTRUMENTS AND EQUIPMENT
• Indoor and outdoor rehearsals and practices may begin.
• Students should wear their own appropriate clothing, and individual clothing/towels should be washed and cleaned after each use.
• All music equipment, including mouthpieces, should be cleaned regularly.
• There will be no sharing of instruments, sticks, mallets etc.
• Students will be expected to wash hands prior to and after all rehearsals.
• Hand sanitizer will be available.
• All students are expected to bring their own water bottle; water bottles are not to be shared.
• Students will be dismissed for the day before lunch to minimize student interaction. There will be no lunch break.
BEYOND PHASE THREE
• Band members will be expected to continue to follow the aforementioned Phase Three procedures - EXCEPT -
- There will be full indoor rehearsals
- Students will be spaced out as much as possible.
• It is possible the Band may not participate in activities requiring busing in order to maintain distance.